SERVICE – Tell them what you do, and what you include.
Time for some old school sales techniques – features and benefits. Features do not sell – benefits do!
Our venue includes tables and chairs with your site fee – Feature
So you do not have to rent these and this will save you money – Benefit x 2
The benefit is saving money – that is what the client will take from it. If you think the client really cares that you include chairs you are incorrect.
Your coordinator will manage all your vendors on the big day – Feature
This will allow you to focus on your guests and not stress – Benefit x 2
The benefit is taking away their stress – this is what the client will take from it.
For each feature – you should have two benefits. The second benefit is your sales point.
PRO TIP – people buy for a few key reasons: You can save them time, you can save them money, you can make their life easier. Try to focus your benefits around these factors.
1. Go through the services that you offer.
2. Feature and benefit each and every line item.
3. Pick your top 3- 5 zingers – these should be the focus of your presentation.
4. I highly suggest you also potentially tweak your website and collateral to be more benefit heavy then feature-focused.
5. Make features and benefits an exercise with yourself and your sales team. For your services, but also other items – to keep your technique strong.