Sales process is a HUGE topic! So I plan to just start diving in! This week I am going to focus on education and the intention behind a sales process.
What is a sales process?
A sales process is a set of repeatable steps that a salesperson takes to take a prospective buyer from the early stage of awareness to a closed sale.
Why do you need a sales process?
1. Turnover! Employees will come and go. You need to have a process in order for the newbies to jump in.
2. DATA! You need to know what is working and what is not.
3. Pushing through the funnel. What are the stages you are taking that opportunity through?
4. MY favorite reason you need a sales process. There is this misconception that sales is magical, that you need a killer salesperson to make it happen. Yes, those people are awesome, they are super expensive (and for good reason) BUT! A strong sales process can take an average salesperson and turn them into a BEAST.
What makes a good sales process?
1. IT WORKS!
2. It’s Simple
3. It’s Short – no one wants to talk to leads for months on end! (CLOSE OR KILL within 60 days)
4. Repeatable – Rinse and Repeat!
4. It fits multiple personality types. Anyone on your team should be able to step into your sales process regardless of personality type.